Georgia gets win number 10 with a workman-like 31-17 victory over the Yellow Jackets. My thoughts on the game:
- Tech got their yardage on the ground but never really got their triple option going. Garrison Smith stepped up big time when the Dawgs lost D’angelo Tyson early. Smith will be a starter next year so it was good to see him step up and not miss a beat.
- Shawn Williams’ interception of
Reggie Ball Tevin Washington was a thing of beauty.
- The only negative I saw on the defensive side of the ball was some poor tackling. Other than that another solid day for the Dawg D.
- Special Teams were huge and Georgia made plays; Two great punts by Butler pinning Tech deep, Boykin’s kickoff return to open the second half and Blair Walsh making The Fish Fry Genius pay for icing him late in the first half.
- Aaron Murray was sharp again, his only pick came on a play where he got leveled. The O-line protected him well and he found the Tight Ends all day long. I love Al Groh’s let the Tight End run free defense.
- Give Bobo credit. On a day where Georgia was thin at running back again he got creative and found ways to move the ball on the ground. He got Mitchell involved on a reverse, Murray was a part of the running game and Branden Smith played exclusively on the offensive side of the ball.
- Michael Bennett; All he does is catch Touchdown passes. (He also threw a great block on the reverse run by Mitchell).
- Murray’s 2nd qtr touchdown pass to Chris Conley was a thing of beauty. Play fake, pump fake, wide open in the corner.
- I hate to pick on announcing crews but Ed Cunningham is horrible. He makes me long for Bob Davie.
- I also usually don’t get in to schadenfreude, but when Tech is involved it is too good to pass up.
- More so than in previous years against Tech there was a very obvious gap in talent level between the Dogs and Jackets. Tech just doesn’t have the horses, particularly on defense.
- On to the Dome to play LSU, who is pretty good. Go Dawgs