Well that was fun. We finally see what happens when Georgia puts a complete game together . Georgia whipped Auburn in all phases of the game en route to a 45-7 wood-shedding of the Tigers from East Alabama. A few thoughts on the game:
- When Aaron Murray is on, he’s the best in the SEC and he was on Saturday afternoon. Efficient, accurate and all that good stuff. In my humpble opinion his best effort as a Bulldog.
- Murray continued to spread the wealth as seven different Dawgs caught passes.
- Offensive Line Coach Will Friend deserves a ton of credit, his group has gotten better every week. The Georgia O-line protected Murray well and opened up holes in the running game all day long.
- Georgia finally got that back-breaking defensive score they have been looking for all season. Rambo’s pick six blew the game wide open and Auburn never had a shot from that point forward.
- The Dawg defense continued it’s excellent play, never allowing QB Clint Moseley and the Auburn offense to ever really get anything going. Their opening TD drive was the only time the Tigers moved the ball all game long. The only negative for the defense getting nipped again by mis-direction on Auburn’s lone score of the ball game.
- Special teams were solid, not great but solid and that is a huge improvement.
- I have some great Auburn friends, but man did the Tiger crowd do a disappearing act at halftime, I think their band was all that was left.
- It’s time for Gene Chizik to man up and do the right thing; Retain Ted Roof!!
- Some Georgia students were making it rain with dollar bills with Cammy Cam’s face on them. Auburn fans were less than amused. All in!
- Not much to say other than wow, here Georgia is with a shot at the SEC East just needing to knock off Kentucky next week. Criticize Georgia’s schedule all you want, but this team has gotten better each and every week. It’s great to be having fun during football season again.
Until Next time, Cheers!